What a writer can do, what a fiction writer or a poet or an essay writer can do, is re-engage people with their own humanity. Fiction and essays can create empathy for the theoretical stranger.
Barbara Kingsolver (b. 8 april 1955) novelist, essayist & poet
People are like stained glass windows -- the true beauty can be seen only when there is light from within.
Elisabeth Kübler-Ross (1926-2004) psychiatrist & writer
A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home.
After a certain number of years, our faces become our biographies.
Cynthia Ozick (b. 1928) writer
It is the child in man that is the source of his uniqueness and creativeness, and the playground is the optimal milieu for the unfolding of his capacities and talents.Eric Hoffer (1902-1983) social critic & writer
Theodor Seuss Geisel, aka Dr. Seuss (1904-1991) writer & cartoonist
each person is unique. each face is unique.
the mouse celebrates theme thursday, the letter u ...and a few of the unique and beautiful faces that grace my world!
- after watching the documentary on bill cunningham at the film festival this past weekend, I met these two women - their sense of style struck me and I felt like bill - in cleveland! april, 2011. hi jai (and a!!)
- the face of another person I met last week -- not at the film festival, but at the 25th street rta station. hi pokey - you lonesome cowpunk! love your tunes! april, 2011
- em and her fairy godchild, november 2010
- another stranger who became a friend from the film festival - and the hat an addition to my finding buddha series! march, 2011 by the way, depending on what or who you read, april 7th or april 8th is considered the buddha's birthday. happy birthday buddha!
- hi evan!! august 2010
- bingo! 6 april 2011 (photo taken by cell)